Research Scientist in Organic Synthesis
The candidate will be involved in the design and the preparation of new pharmaceutical intermediates. Under the supervision of the project leader, the scientist must understand and integrate the objectives of the project to design, synthesize and characterize new molecules in an efficient manner. The scientist must be able to assess priorities, identify and implement relevant experiences in order to maintain good progress of the project and meet the deadlines.
- Develop synthesis pathways of new molecules with complex stereochemistry using computer resources and knowledge base;
- Identify potential problems and propose effective synthetic schemes and innovative alternatives;
- Run the syntheses of target molecules quickly and efficiently on multiple projects in parallel;
- Analyze and interpret analytical results in relation to the structure of the synthesized molecules;
- Perform the purification and characterization of complex organic compounds;
- Keep a proper lab notebook in which the experiments are recorded according to the current standards in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Hold a Graduate Degree Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry;
- Possess a strong expertise in the field of multi-step organic synthesis;
- Extensive knowledge of medicinal chemistry, heterocyclic chemistry, asymmetric synthesis;
- Must be up-to-date on current synthesis techniques and methodologies and have a good understanding of the different analytical techniques used in the identification, characterization and development of new compounds;
- Literature search experience with resources such as Reaxys and SciFinder to identify viable approaches to problems of synthesis and reaction mechanisms.
- Organizational skills, decision making and ability to work under pressure with deadlines;
- Scientific curiosity, creativity, perseverance, ability to find innovative solutions to problems quickly;
- Attention to detail;
- Adapting to the operation of industrial targets;
- Good analytical skills;
- French. English is an asset
- Education: Graduate degree - Ph.D. in organic chemistry
- Specialized field: Organic synthesis / Medicinal chemistry
- Status: Permanent
- Work schedule: Full time
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Salary: According to experience
- Benefits: OmegaChem offers several benefits like a flexible work schedule, vacation and holiday time, training programs, performance review, Insurance benefit plan, RRSP and a great opportunity to be part of a young and dynamic work team!
- Start of employment: Summer 2018