New fluorinating reagents
With the goal of providing a safer and crystalline fluorinating reagent, OmegaChem discovered in 2010 a new class of reagents with impressive behavior. In the past, organic chemists needed products such as DAST, Deoxo-Fluor® and more recently Fluolead to perform fluorination, but XtalFluor® reagents now come with a long list of advantages over all of them.
All around advantages over DAST and Deoxo-Fluor!
- Easily handled crystalline solids
- Enhanced thermal stability
- No generation of free HF; compatible with standard glass equipment
- Fewer elimination side-products
- Less stringent shipping restrictions
- Lower costs
XtalFluor® salts are proprietary compounds owned by OmegaChem and covered by the following patent publications:
- American patent publication: US 8 680 332 B2
- European patent publication: EP 2443087 B1
- Chinese patent publication: CN 102482209 B
- Canadian Patent Publication: CA 2764241 C
OmegaChem has signed a global manufacturing agreement with Manchester Organics (UK) and Navin Fluorine (India) to manufacture XtalFluor® salts, as well as a distribution agreement with Sigma-Aldrich (USA). Therefore, Manchester Organics, Navin Fluorine and Sigma-Aldrich are the only legally recognized entities that can manufacture and / or sell these products. XtalFluor® salts are registered trademarks of OmegaChem.